Greetings to all my friends, fans, watchers, frequent favoriters, llama senders, comment droppers, fellow cosplayers, struggling artists, people that I favorite at random, and people who favorite my stuff at random.
Here's what's going on in my world:
As you can tell from the latest photos, it's been a very busy Winter and Spring on the cosplay front.
February was the Convention Artists gathering in San Diego. My first time checking out Seaport Village and the surrounding area, cosplaying as Gakuenden Naruto.
MARCH MADNESS was in full effect with the NorCal Cosplay Gathering in San Jose, MEGACON in Orlando and WonderCon in Anaheim two months ago! Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2 made his long-awaited return to my cosplay lineup, as did Ocarina of Time Link. And also a little twist on a classic, with "Road-to-Ninja" Naruto from the latest Shippuuden movie. Not to mention the returns of Pittsburgh Steeler Len and Intercontinental Champion (Append) Len.
April saw my first appearance at Anime Conji in San Diego. Everything I didn't have time to wear at Mega and WonderCon was worn here. A couple of different versions of Neku Sakuraba, and Scott Pilgrim/Gakuen Naruto of course.
Now with Summer Con Season almost upon us, I am pleased to announce that my next set of NEW COSPLAYS will be coming off the conveyor belt over the next couple of months. And we're not talking just Kingdom Hearts and Naruto, but a few new things and a few surprises I certainly hope you'll enjoy. It's time to crank it into high gear! And yes, Sonic Gijinka will be back now that the weather's warming up again.
If you spot cosplay photos or video footage of me anywhere, let me know. I'm always looking for pics and vids to add to the galleries! And even though I don't have time to catch everything, every little bit helps!
I was tagged by
on one of those "Post # Things About Yourself," and by
on a "Ten Questions" meme, so here's a MegaMeme for both.
1. One of the extras in the Ranma Forever (TV Season 7) Box Set is footage from the Ranma Farewell Party back in 2004 (party held by Viz in Anaheim, California.) I'm one of the attendees who got interviewed. I'M ON THE FINAL RANMA 1/2 DVD!
2. I often find myself cosplaying characters simply because I think their clothes are cool.
3. There are several cosplayers around the WORLD that I genuinely look up to, and I've met most of them...
4. ...but I'm too embarrassed to admit who they are. Yes, this includes Europe, South America and Asia.
5. I dream in action movie format.
6. I use Post-It notes like they're going out of style.
7. I like travelling! Some of the major cities I've been to in my lifetime include Phoenix, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Washington DC, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Columbus, Honolulu, Wichita, Seattle, Minneapolis, and St. Paul.
AND THE Q & A...
1. What's your favorite kind of music?
A: My musical tastes are completely random. I know it when I hear it.
2. What was the best Disney movie you've ever seen?
A: Best Disney movie would have to be either Lion King or...yeah, Lion King.
3. What was the worst movie you've seen at all?
A: Manos: The Hands Of Fate. Thanks for that, Mystery Science Theater 3000!
4. Which video game series have you enjoyed playing the most?
A: Kingdom Hearts, hands down! It's got a little bit of everything, and it's more like you're watching a movie, but get to direct all the fight scenes.
5. How do your parents feel about your love of anime/manga?
A: They're cosplay elitists, and they don't even cosplay. LOL!
6. What's your fave childhood cartoon?
A: 1980's Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Super Mario Bros., and almost anything on the Disney Afternoon block (DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, etc.)
7. Do I have a deviation that you really like? :3
8. What do you think of me here on dA?
A: Upload more cosplay and more digital Lego pictures!
9. Have any of you ever eaten something off of the ground?
A: I plead the fifth, as in the "five second rule."
10. Life treating ya good?
A: So far, so good.
I will tag NO ONE, because I'm a non-conformist bad boy like that.
Made a few cameo appearances in cosplay videos recently! [link]
Anime Conji 2013 CMV by
Double Narutos breaking it down at 1:50. [link]
MegaCon 2013 - Cosplay Is All About Fun
Totally unscripted narration/Q & A.[link]
Perfection Zero: A Cosplay Story
Short documentary by
Random photo appearances.
As always, if you spot pictures or photos or video footage of my cosplays, let me know and I may starting featuring YouTube channel here randomly.
ATTACK OF THE COMMISSIONS!!!
I am in the mood to commission artwork based on my Cosplay Wish List, and my long list of approved pairings, which are as follows:
Naruto x Any Girl
Sasuke x Tayuya
Sora x Kairi
Riku x Any Girl
Vanitas x Any Girl
Roxas x Olette
Any Boy x Namine
LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link x Tetra
Dee Jay x Cammy
Guy x Rose
Yun x Elena
Sean x Elena
Sean x Makoto
KING OF FIGHTERS
K' x Mai Shiranui
K' x Angel
Chris x Athena
Cloud x Aeris
Cloud x Tifa
Tidus x Yuna
Snow x Serah
Zidane x Garnet
Hope x Vanille
Hope x Lightning
Kai Hiwatari x Any Girl
Len x Meiko
Ryoga x Shampoo
Jimmy Lee x Linda Lash
Guy x Roxy
Jin Kazama x Chun Li
Naruto x Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail
Naruto x Nadia (from Nadia: Secret of Blue Water)
Naruto x Tsubaki from Soul Eater
Naruto x Orihime from Bleach
Naruto x Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach
Naruto x Arcia from Granstream Saga
Naruto x Mileena from Mortal Kombat
Naruto x Kitana from Mortal Kombat
Naruto x Mai Shiranui from KOF
Naruto x Ramona Flowers (from Scott Pilgrim)
Ranma (boy-type) x Morrigan (from Darkstalkers)
Zak Monday x Roxy from Final Fight
Zak Monday x Korra from Legend of Korra
Yeah, when I say Naruto x Any Girl...I AM NOT KIDDING!
Expect to see more of this over the Summer.
That's all for now! I'm J. Ryoga, And You've Just Been Fed.